Monday 15 July 2013

RainBoo! Bright Pinny


I LOVE the Boo! Designs patterns. My favourite is... don't make me pick a favourite. The best part of the Boo! patterns is the Boo designs facebook group. Kristie is very approachable and there is soooo much talent and inspiration in there. Amazingly it is so friendly and there is always someone around to offer the solution to a question, no matter how basic.

I have made a few twirly skirts, some bubblealls (as intended and some modified ones) and before this I'd made two pinnys. They are all so easy to follow and the sizing is great. 

For this Pinny I wanted to mix the pinny with the concept of the Rainbow Dress.I didn't actually use the pattern for the rainbow dress.  I drafted up the pattern for the skirt part myself (have I mentioned I love maths ;)). I wanted it to be short enough that Ellie could still go about her normal playing/climbing/etc. I wanted the rainbow colours to be soft and pretty rather than bold and bright. The picture in my head reminded me of the colours from Rainbow Brite, which I enjoyed as a little girl. I suppose that dates me a bit? I had a Rainbow Brite Doll and her horse Starlight and her little friend Twinksprite. Yes, I can remember it well...
(Not my image, I found it on a google search)

I ended up making the 18 month size so it will fit her better when the weather warms up (which just happens to be birthday season for many of our friends and family). I think it will make a perfect party dress.

This is what I came up with...





I really wanted a top view with her feet under the skirt but she had other ideas. Those feet had to be poking out :/


Love this little girl so much :)







And of course, some twirling....


and more twirling...


Looking at herself (well, kissing herself) in the mirror


Now, I know that is a lot of photos but I had so much trouble cutting down. At least there weren't 400+ photos?

I love this little pinny. I think Eloise does too. She said "Wow" when I put in on her and couldn't stop playing with the skirt. 

The great thing about all of the Boo! patterns is that they allow you to add your own spin and make it your own. There is a Pinny challenge happening at Pattern Revolution and there are some cuuute pinnys linked up.  
(I should add, I am not affiliated with Boo Designs or Pattern Revolution, just a big fan of both).


I'd love to hear what you think, leave me a comment :)
Kerry xx

UPDATE: I have made up a tutorial for this adaptation here. :)

1 comment:

  1. That's really cute! Wow, you made me want to jump out to buy this pattern right now.

    ReplyDelete