Thursday 18 July 2013

Happy 2nd Birthday Griffin




I can't believe that 2 years has passed since my baby boy arrived. Gosh that time has gone quickly. This year we had a "Little Man" party for my special little man. 

I love turquoise and red together so it was decided that these colours would be perfect for his decorations. 

Off to Bunnings (our local hardware store) we went to purchase some sheets of timber and a big terracotta pot. Now this is the fun part (and where my half of Sutures & Sandpaper comes in), I cut the timber into a giant number 2 & the letter 'G' for Griffin. After lots of sanding and painting I think they looked great.



The terracotta pot I painted to use as a cake stand, like this -


In keeping with the theme, I cut out top hats, moustaches and bow ties from timber to hang up with the party decorations. (Did I mention that I love working with my power tools ;))


We had a heap of mens ties, bow ties, work shirts, hats, glasses and some crazy stick on moustaches for our guests to dress up in. 

My little man dressed up in his shirt and vest and was ready to party with his friends.

Griffin and his cousin Sethan preparing for the party the day before.
 
Xander in his 'old man' dress ups

Griffin had a wonderful party, dispute being a little tired from missing his daytime nap. He was full of "wow" and "cool" as he admired all of his lovely gifts. A huge thank you to all our friends and family that celebrated with us xo


With thanks, Linda x



No comments:

Post a Comment